A weekly roundup of news and action alerts about political prisoners, prison struggles, and organizing against the prison industrial complex (PIC), both nationally and internationally. If you’ve got something you’d like to see included, leave a comment or send me an email.
- From July 9 – 14, Israeli occupation forces arrested 28 Palestinians, including seven children, in the occupied West Bank.
- Four political prisoners in Mexico have been on hunger strike since June 27 against abuse and maltreatment they have faced inside. The prison has refused to respond to the prisoners’ demands. More information in Spanish is available from the Anarchist Black Cross – Mexico.
- Actions against the use of solitary confinement are happening around California and elsewhere in the U.S. on July 23. Similar events are held on the 23rd of every month in response to a call by prisoners and their supporters to build an ongoing campaign against solitary confinement.
- The medical justice campaign for U.S. political prisoner Robert Seth Hayes is ongoing. This week individuals are asked to call and fax New York officials to ensure Seth gets the medical care he requires.
- If you are a resident of California, you can take online action urging the State Assembly to pass SB 124, which would limit the solitary confinement of youth in the juvenile justice system.
- Amnesty International has launched an online action alert for Kevin Cooper, who has been on death row in California for thirty years for a crime he didn’t commit.
- Organizers of the upcoming North American Anarchist Black Cross Conference in Denver, CO, are requesting donations to help cover the travel expenses of former political prisoners so that they may attend.